Dr Monika Woźniak-Chodacka
- Integrative plant taxonomy, with a special reference to the genus Oenothera (evening primrose).
- Next-generation sequencing (NGS) as a tool in phylogenetic studies on critical groups of vascular plants.
- Evolutionary significance of ancient and contemporary hybridization based on investigation of natural and experimental hybrids.
- Factors affecting hybrid speciation (parental divergence, hybrid fitness).
- The relation between plastid and nuclear DNA as an important factor determining native and naturalized ranges of distribution of vascular plants.
- The influence of ecological factors (climate change, habitat disturbance) on a gene flow process.
Higher education and employment history
- MSc degree at the University of Wrocław (2006).
- PhD degree at the Jagiellonian University (2015).
- Assistant professor at the W. Szafer Institute of Botany, PAS (since 2016).
Membership and awards
- Outstanding PhD Dissertation Award from the Faculty of Biology and Earth Sciences - Jagiellonian University (2015).
- Member of the Polish Botanical Society (since 2015).
- Member of the International Association for Plant Taxonomy (since 2020).
- Germany (2019, 2020) – 6-week (in total)training; Max-Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Potsdam.
- The status of Oenothera perangusta R.R.Gates i O. ersteinensis R.Linder & R.Jean (Onagraceae) (2016); grant "Young Scientists"; W. Szafer Institute of Botany, PAS – project leader.
- Revision of the taxonomic status of Oenothera royfraseri R.R.Gates and O. turoviensis Rostański (Onagraceae) (2017); grant "Young Scientists"; W. Szafer Institute of Botany, PAS – project leader.
- Next generation sequencing as a tool in solving evolutionary and phylogenetic issues on the example of the critical genus Oenothera (Onagraceae) (2018–2019); grant no. 2018/02/X/NZ8/01255; National Science Centre (NCN) – project leader.
Recent publications (selected)
Woźniak-Chodacka M. 2020. A revision of taxonomic relation between Oenothera royfraseri and O. turoviensis (sect. Oenothera, subsect. Oenothera; Onagraceae) based on multivariate analyses of morphological characters. Phytotaxa 435: 164‒180. DOI
Woźniak-Chodacka M. 2019. Validation of the name Oenothera italica (Onagraceae). Phytotaxa 387: 262‒264. DOI
Woźniak-Chodacka M. 2019. Taxonomic notes and validation of Oenothera acutifolia (Onagraceae). Phytotaxa 427: 75–79. DOI
Woźniak-Chodacka M. 2018. Validation of the names Oenothera issleri and O. issleri var. silesiacoides (Onagraceae). Phytotaxa 343: 293–297. DOI
Woźniak-Chodacka M. 2018. A revision of taxonomic relation between Oenothera perangusta and O. ersteinensis (Onagraceae) based on morphometric research and statistical analyses. Phytotaxa 383: 55‒74. DOI
Woźniak-Chodacka M. 2017. Nomenclatural notes and neotypification of Oenothera biennis var. sulphurea (Onagraceae). Phytotaxa 296: 180–186. DOI
Woźniak-Chodacka M. 2017. Taxonomic notes and validation of the name Oenothera mollis (Onagraceae). Phytotaxa 303: 297–300. DOI
Woźniak-Chodacka M. 2016. Validation of the name Oenothera hoelscheri var. albinervis (Onagraceae). Phytotaxa 286: 32–38. DOI