Admissions to the Doctoral School are awarded on a competitive basis. The competition is conducted by the Admission Committee composed of researchers from the Institutes that run the Doctoral School in order to select the best candidates through evaluation (in the form of scoring) their study results, scientific achievements, and knowledge in the field of higher education in connection with the subject of their master's thesis and the topic selected for implementation during the doctoral studies. The candidates with the highest scores are admitted to the Doctoral School. Admission to the Doctoral School takes place by enrolling a candidate on the list of doctoral students in a given academic year.
The regular admissions period starts in September and detailed recruitment rules are announced five months in advance. Research topics proposed to candidates, along with the admission limit to the Doctoral School, are announced in early July.
Terms and conditions of admissions
Admission to the Doctoral School takes place through a competition, the rules and requirements of which are approved by the Council of the Doctoral School and the Scientific Council of IB PAS:
Director of the W. Szafer Institute of Botany of the Polish Academy of Sciences appointed the Admission Committee for the recruitment of candidates for the Doctoral School of Natural and Agricultural Sciences for the academic year 2023/2024, composed of:
- Dr. Agnieszka Bednarska (Chairwoman)
- Professor Franciszek Janowiak
- Dr. Łukasz Kajtoch
- Dr. Paweł Kapusta
- Dr. Joanna Nowak
- Professor Henryk Okarma
- Dr. Grażyna Szarek-Łukaszewska
- Professor Lucyna Śliwa
- Dr. Sebastian Tarcz
- Dr. Elżbieta Wilk-Woźniak
- Dr. Piotr Wójcik
- Professor Iwona Żur
- Anna Misiewicz
- Marcin Wiorek
- Application for admission to the Doctoral School along with reasons therefor and specification of the framework research theme referred to in the announcement of the admission; the candidate may indicate the second research theme (along with the justification of the choice), the implementation of which he/she is interested in if he/she is not accepted for the research theme indicated as the first choiceDOC
- Consent to the processing of personal data for the purposes of the admissions procedureDOC
- CV specifying a list of scientific achievements, employment record and participation in scientific projects
- Personal data formDOC
- Two photos + one photo in electronic form (passport-sized format)
- Diploma certifying completion of Master studies or a document confirming the fulfilment of the conditions set out in §2 sec. 6–8 of Recruitment Rules (useful information: link 1, link 2); in the case of a diploma of study abroad, it should be endorsed with an apostille clause
- Certificate or diploma certifying completion of studies, confirming English language competencies at no less than B2 level; the list of certificates is specified in Appendix to the Rules for Admission
- Photocopy of the student's record book/diploma supplement containing the relevant entries
- Statement concerning previously commenced doctoral studies or doctoral programme, or education at another doctoral school
- Information on the doctoral scholarship received at another doctoral school and the period for which it has been paid
- A copy of the abstract of the Master's thesis in Polish or English
- A statement of no health-related contraindications to carry out the tasks provided for under the research theme concerned
- A statement to the effect that the person can use electronic equipment in order to attend classes held with the use of distance learning methods and techniques
- Declaration of disability
The list of obligatory documents and their form are specified in the Rules for Admission (see above).
Non-standard admissions (research project recruitment)
The competition for a doctoral student for a research project under the Doctoral School takes place on the terms and according to the schedule announced at the Institute which is the beneficiary of the project.
Current project recruitment:
The Institute of Nature Protection of the Polish Academy of Sciences announced admission to the research topic "Impact of pesticides on insect pollinators: implications for environmental risk assessment".
Documents should be sent by email to the address